We have issued new guidance for people with confirmed or possible Covid-19 (Coronavirus) on how to dispose of waste safely.
Rubbish collections take place once a fortnight for most residents. Some residents in the city centre or large shopping areas have weekly rubbish collections.
Please note the following:
- your rubbish, recycling or garden waste should be put out for collection at the designated collection point for your property (enter your address above to find out where this is)
- it should be out for collection no earlier than 6:00pm the evening before, and no later than 6:00am on collection days
- following bank holidays the crews work on Saturdays to catch up with collections. To find out whether your property is affected enter your address above where you will find your next collection days and a downloadable annual collection calendar
- we will not return to collect bins that are not put out in the way specified above
- you must keep your bins on your property between collections
- if you are not able to move your rubbish, recycling or garden bin to your designated collection point you can apply for assisted waste collections (certain criteria must be met. Service does not apply to bin store collections)