A strategy for electric vehicles
We recognise and actively promote the benefits of electric vehicles in reducing harmful emissions and improving local air quality. Our Electric Vehicle Strategy encourages the use and ownership of electric vehicles as one element of a sustainable transport package.
Charging points in Exeter
We have installed charging points for electric vehicles in these car parks:
- Guildhall Centre Car Park
- Mary Arches Street Car Park
- John Lewis (formerly known as King William Street) Car Park
- Cathedral and Quay Car Park
- Magdalen Street Car Park*
- Matford Park & Ride Car Park
*Magdalen Street chargers are 22kW, providing a full charge in 1-2 hours; the remainder are 7kW which takes 3-4 hours.
Arrangements for use
- The charging points are provided by PodPoint, there is no fee to charge or card required to activate the equipment. At those car parks which are staffed (Guildhall, Mary Arches, John Lewis), a card can be obtained from the office within the car park.
- Customers are not currently required to pay for electricity.
- Normal parking charges apply. At Matford Park and Ride, parking is free, but limited to users of the park and ride service.
For other charge points in Exeter and beyond, see ZapMap's electric vehicle charge point map.
Please note that the charging points at the Civic Centre and Oakwood House are likely to be occupied by our own electric vehicles, for which they are principally intended. Visitors to these offices who are on business may be able to use these charge points if they are not occupied at the time.