A strategy for electric vehicles
We recognise and actively promote the benefits of electric vehicles in reducing harmful emissions and improving local air quality. Our Electric Vehicle Strategy encourages the use and ownership of electric vehicles as one element of a sustainable transport package.
Charging points in Exeter
We have installed charging points for electric vehicles in these car parks:
- Guildhall Centre Car Park
- Mary Arches Street Car Park
- John Lewis (formerly known as King William Street) Car Park
- Cathedral and Quay Car Park
- Magdalen Street Car Park*
- Matford Park & Ride Car Park
- Princesshay 2 (weekend only)
*Magdalen Street chargers are 22kW, providing a full charge in 1-2 hours; the remainder are 7kW which takes 3-4 hours.
Arrangements for use
- The charging points are provided by PodPoint. To use a chargepoint you need to register your details with Pod Point. You can register or download the app from the Pod Point website or phone 020 7247 4114.
- Check locations and availability of chargepoints in the app or on the Pod Point website.
- Pod Point chargepoints cost 35p per kWh, your session will end at 100% charge.
- Normal parking charges apply. At Matford Park and Ride, parking is free, but limited to users of the park and ride service.
For other charge points in Exeter and beyond, see ZapMap's electric vehicle charge point map.
Please note that the charging points at the Civic Centre and Oakwood House are for Council fleet vehicles only.