The Tell Us Once service
The Tell Us Once service allows bereaved residents to inform many government and local authority services about a death with just one communication.
The service was introduced to reduce the distress caused by repeatedly reporting the loss of a loved one.
Services notified through Tell Us Once include:
- HM Revenues & Customers, to update benefits, credits or personal tax records
- HM Passport Office, to cancel a British passport
- The DVLA, to cancel a driving licence and update the keeper of vehicle information
- The local councils, to update records relating to housing benefit, council tax, adult social services and the electoral register
- Veterans UK to cancel War Pension Scheme and Armed Forces Compensation Payment Scheme payments
This short information video explains how the service works
To make an appointment to register a death please visit Devon Registration Service or call 0345 155 1002.
For more information about how the service works please visit What to do after someone dies: Tell Us Once