Cookies information uses cookies to make the site simpler. Find out more about the cookies we use.

Close banner

Garden waste suspension

Please note: all garden waste collections have been cancelled for 29 and 30 June and 1 July 2022We apologise for any inconvenience that this may cause. 

Legal services and byelaws

Show all parts of this guide

1. Our legal team

Can the council give me legal advice?

We can only provide legal advice to our councillors and officers. If you need help finding your own solicitor, please visit the Law Society

Our solicitors, legal executives and administration staff:

  1. advise committees, members, senior managers and officers
  2. carry out all aspects of legal work, including conveyancing, planning, litigation, employment, local government law, licensing, contracts and procurement

The following pages contain byelaws, acts, orders and regulations that relate to the Exeter area.