Cookies information uses cookies to make the site simpler. Find out more about the cookies we use.

Close banner

Voter ID - have you got yours?

To vote in the upcoming 4 May Local Elections you will need to show photo ID. To find out more about accepted forms of photo ID, and if you need to apply for a free Voter Authority Certificate, see our Voter ID page.

Paying the right level of Council Tax

Paying the right level of Council Tax: a plain English guide to Council Tax

The Ministry of Housing, Communities & Local Government  have produced a guide to how the Council Tax system operates in England, including an explanation of the range of exemptions and discounts available.

This guide provides advice on how your Council Tax bill is set, and how you can check that you are not paying more than you should.

When this content has been updated

Last updated 28 February 2022