1. Our tours
Operating throughout the year except Christmas Day and Boxing Day, our free guided walking tours are the perfect way to explore Exeter.
Please see our Winter 2023/24 Timetable
All tours (apart from the Historic Quayside tour) depart from the Hooker Statue on Cathedral Green.
Regrettably, dogs (except Guide dogs) are not permitted on the tours and children must be accompanied by an adult. The tours may contain steps, slopes and steep or rough ground, however the Red Coat Guides will do all they can to make tours accessible to all so please speak to your guide before the tour about the suitability for your individual needs.
For more information please get in touch via our Contact Us form (select "Other Service").
Additional tour information
- Please note guided tours may be subject to cancellation or alteration without notice.
- Please note tours will only go ahead with a minimum of two people on the tour.
- Some tours contain steps, slopes, and steep or rough ground.
- Only assistance dogs are permitted to accompany owners on the tours.
- Children under 16 must be accompanied by an adult at all times. Adults remain in charge of the children and are responsible for their care and control.
- All tours except Cathedral Close and the Bishop’s Palace Garden, Churches cemeteries and the Catacomb, The City Wall and Forgotten Exeter are accessible by wheelchair and mobility scooter, or have an alternative route.
If you wish to make a group booking please send us your details online.