Cookies information uses cookies to make the site simpler. Find out more about the cookies we use.

Close banner

Apply for a temporary event notice

Show all parts of this guide

1. Christmas Temporary Event Notice Critical Dates

With Christmas and the New Year fast approaching a reminder of the '10 working day rule' for giving a standard Temporary Event Notice (TEN).

Please remember: working days do not include weekends and Bank Holidays and you cannot include the day of the event or the day the Notice is given to the licensing Authority.

Please consult the table below to check deadlines before submitting an application.



Christmas Eve - 24 December 2022

Friday 9 December 2022

Christmas Day - 25 December 2022

Friday 9 December 2022

Boxing Day - 26 December 2022

Friday 9 December 2022

Tuesday 27 December 2022 (Substitute Christmas Day Bank Holiday)

Friday 9 December 2022

Wednesday 28 December 2022

Friday 9 December 2022

Thursday 29 December 2022

Monday 12 December 2022

Friday 30 December 2022

Tuesday 13 December 2022

New Year's Eve - 31 December 2022

Wednesday 14 December 2022

New Year's Day - 1 January 2023

Wednesday 14 December 2022

Monday 2 January 2023 (Substitute New Year's Day Bank Holiday)

Wednesday 14 December 2022

Tuesday 3 January 2023

Wednesday 14 December 2022

Wednesday 4 January 2023

Thursday 15 December 2022


If your event is to take place between the 5 January 2023 and 12 January 2023 the Licensing Team would be grateful if your application was submitted no later than Thursday 15 December 2022.

Please note that if your application is submitted after the deadline dates we cannot guarantee to process your application prior to your event taking place. Remember if a late TEN is objected to by either the Police or the Environmental Protection Team then the event will not be permitted to go ahead.

When this content has been updated

Last updated 7 June 2018