See our privacy notices for details on how we manage personal information
Apply for the review of a licence
The review procedure applies to both a premises licence and a club premises certificate. A review may be sought relating to a premises licence or club premises if local residents and businesses in the vicinity or any of the responsible authorities have concerns with the running of the premises. Representations must be based around one or more of the four licensing objectives. These are:
- The prevention of crime and disorder
- Public safety
- The prevention of public nuisance
- The protection of children from harm
Representations will be refused if they are deemed to be frivolous, vexatious or repetitious.
Before you start the review procedure, please contact the Licensing Authority on 01392 265702 to discuss your concerns regarding the premises.
In order to start the review procedure you must submit the correct form to us and on the same day give a copy to the premises licence/club premises certificate holder and to each Responsible Authority (see Licensing Act 2003 - responsible authorities ).
If an application for a review is accepted then a hearing must be heard before members of the licensing sub committee who may:
- decide that no action is necessary
- modify or add conditions to the licence
- exclude a licensable activity from the licence
- remove the designated premises supervisor (DPS)
- suspend the licence for a period (not exceeding three months)
- revoke the licence
After the hearing we'll write to you with the decision.