Cookies information uses cookies to make the site simpler. Find out more about the cookies we use.

Close banner

Council Tax online accounts

Our online Council Tax service will be closed to all customers from Thursday 29 February 2024 whilst we complete our annual billing process. The service will available again from Monday 4 March, our apologies for any inconvenience.

Hypnotism licence

Show all parts of this guide

1. Overview

If you want to show, demonstrate or perform a hypnotism act in public you'll need to get our consent. 

How to apply

You'll need to apply for a hypnotism consent for each separate premises or venue that you want to use and you'll need to apply for this at least 28 days before the performance. 

You'll need to have the appropriate public liability insurance for any proposed events. 

Length of consent

The consent will only cover the performance you have applied for.   You will need to apply separately for every event or demonstration you want to perform.


Hypnotism Act 1952 (as amended)


If you have a complaint that a hypnotist is causing a nuisance, or if you think there has been a breach of licence conditions, please contact us.