Cookies information uses cookies to make the site simpler. Find out more about the cookies we use.

Close banner

Voter ID - have you got yours?

To vote in the upcoming 4 May Local Elections you will need to show photo ID. To find out more about accepted forms of photo ID, and if you need to apply for a free Voter Authority Certificate, see our Voter ID page.

See our privacy notices for details on how we manage personal information

Apply for a street name or number for new properties

You will need to use this form to do the following:

  • Name/number a new building
  • Sub-divide or convert existing building(s)
  • Build new developments

You must submit an approved plan showing the road layouts, plot numbers and suggested house numbers or names for new developments. Where developments include flats, please supply floor plans.

By clicking the ‘Start Button’ below you will be taken to our online application form.

Start the journey


More info about the journey

You'll need to tell us your contact details, and the proposed new street or house name or number.

We will: 

  • Check your application meets with the Street naming and Numbering procedure
  • Consult Ward Councillors where appropriate
  • Consult Royal Mail who may comment on the proposal

You may be asked to provide an alternative if the address/street name is likely to cause confusion.

Once agreed, details will be forwarded to the Emergency Services, Land registry, the Valuation Office and relevant departments of the city council, including Council Tax and Electoral Services.

When this content has been updated

Last updated 23 January 2023