2. Adoption of CIL in Exeter
We introduced our CIL on 1 December 2013.
- in Exeter, CIL is charged on residential development, student housing, and retail development outside the city centre. For other development it is 0
- we allow payment by instalments where the liability of a scheme is £50,000 or more
- once the money has been collected the 'Regulation 123 list' sets out the types of infrastructure that we intend to help fund using CIL
- we will also consult local communities on how to spend at least 15% of the CIL receipts collected in their area