A number of measures have been taken to maximise our renewable energy potential, in line with the Carbon Reduction Plan, including:
- Ground mounted 1.2MWp Solar Photo Voltaic (PV) array at Water Lane co-located with a 1MW/2MWh battery storage facility and a connection providing a renewable energy supply to our Operations Depot at Exton Road to support the electrification of the Council’s fleet, due to complete January 2023.
- 124kW PV array installed at Riverside Leisure Centre alongside a small battery store, due to complete in January 2023.
- Battery storage technology also installed at Matford Centre and John Lewis car park, project underway and due to complete in January 2023.
- Solar PV panels installed in 2016 on Matford Centre roof, 1500kW array – largest roof mounted PV array in the South West at the time, generates 1.1gWh/year, equivalent to powering 180 homes.
- Solar PV panels installed in 2015 on RAMM (26kW), Belle Isle (8kW), Climb Centre (29kW), John Lewis car park (150kW), and Mary Arches car park (150kW).
- Solar Photo Voltaic (PV) panels installed in 2013 on Civic Centre (70kW), Oakwood House (22kW), Ark Store (40kW), and MRF (50kW), totalling 182kW. During the first full year of operation, the 182kW PV array delivered an income of nearly £48,000 and saved 82 tonnes of CO2.