Your recruitment journey should be as much about you demonstrating you are the right fit for the role and the organisation as us demonstrating we are the right fit to be your employer.
So before you submit your application it can be helpful to consider:
- Have I read and fully understood the Job Description, Person Specification and role requirements?
- Do I understand what benefits I will get from working with the Council?
- How will this role complement my personal life?
- What other career opportunities at the Council might this lead to?
- Do I understand the objectives of the Council and the department?
- Do I have the skills, experience and/or qualifications for this role?
If the answer to any of these questions is ‘no’ or ‘I don’t know’ you may find it useful to arrange an informal discussion with the recruiting manager. We would also recommend reading the ‘Why Choose Us?’ related document within the Job Advert. Simply having a browse of our website can also you give a good understanding of the type of work we do and how this links to our purpose, objectives and values. If you still have questions you can contact our Human Resources Support Services team who will be happy to help.