Cookies information uses cookies to make the site simpler. Find out more about the cookies we use.

Close banner

Immigration Accommodation Visit

When you make a request for a person to be allowed entry into the United Kingdom you may require an assessment of the property that they intend to live in.

This housing assessment is to ensure that the property is free from serious hazards and that it will not become overcrowded by the additional person (s).

The assessment must be carried out by a suitably qualified Environmental Health Professional

The inspection will:

  • Check for serious hazards as assessed under the Housing Act 2004 (Housing Health and Safety Rating System).
  • Ensure the property has adequate bedrooms and facilities for those who occupy and intend to occupy the dwelling.
  • Please note, if the property is being rented we will need to see a copy of your tenancy agreement.

If you would like the Council to assess your home for an immigration application to the UK Border Agency you will need to complete our Immigration Visit Request Form


The cost for this service is £250.00.


Please see more details about visas and immigration.

Start the journey


More info about the journey

You'll need to tell us about:

  • yourself
  • the accommodation
  • the current occupants
  • the person(s) entering the UK

And you will also need to pay the fee for this service.

Your application for an immigration accommodation visit will be reviewed by a council officer.

We will contact with you within 5 working days to arrange a suitable time to book an inspection of the property.

When this content has been updated

Last updated 1 April 2024