Cookies information uses cookies to make the site simpler. Find out more about the cookies we use.

Close banner

Changes to my rent

We will write to inform you of any changes to your rent, detailing the revised rent figure and the reasons for the change. We will give you 4 weeks notice of any changes in the amount of rent due. If you are claiming housing benefit, our benefit section should recalculate your entitlement and inform you of any changes.


If you are claiming Universal Credit you must use your journal to tell them about the change to your rent. You will need to tell them how much your new rent is and give them the date on which it changed. Universal Credit need you to give them this information after the rent has actually changed and not before.

When this content has been updated

Last updated 2 February 2021