Who can rent a council garage?
Anyone can rent a garage from us, you don't have to be a council tenant.
Why would I rent a garage in the city?
There are many reasons to rent a garage in Exeter:
- parking close to the city centre is expensive, the average cost of a days parking is between £5-£10 per day
- garages are available across the city, there will be a garage in a location to suit you
- to protect your vehicle from vandalism
How much will I pay?
The costs for renting garages in the city vary:
- for an inner city garage the cost is £14.38 per week if you are a council tenant or £17.25 per week (inclusive of VAT) otherwise
- for a garage in one of the outlying city wards the cost is £10.80 per week if you are a council tenant or £12.96 per week (inclusive of VAT) otherwise
If you are a council tenant your garage rent can be collected with your rent payment. Please be aware, however, that if you have any rent arrears or Council Tax arrears you may not be able to rent a garage until these are repaid.
What should I be aware of?
Garages are not water tight so if you decide to store anything in them please be aware that it could be damaged. We accept no responsibility for lost or damaged items stored in garages. It is a good idea to take out insurance on the garage if you intend to store other items there apart from vehicles.
You cannot keep any toxic or flammable materials in our garages.
Locks on garages can be changed on request, please speak to a neighbourhood assistant on the number below.
For more information on the location of available garages or to rent a garage please contact 01392 277888 and ask for Garage Rental.