1. New driver application
How to Apply
Please send us one clear and legible email containing your completed application form (available to download below) along with all required supporting documentation (see Licence Requirements) as well as a passport-style photograph for your driver’s badge to email@example.com. Attachments must be clear scans or photographs, ideally PDF attachments. Please note that your application will not be completed unless all necessary documents have been submitted.
Once we have received your email application, we will contact you in due course to take payment for the £50 non-refundable deposit and to arrange conducting your Knowledge Test.
Licence Requirements for New Drivers:
- DVLA UK Driving Licence (held for a minimum of 12 months prior to application) (front and back)
- Enhanced DBS Certificate and subscription to the DBS Update Service (you will need to send us your DBS Update Service Reference Number. See below for further information)
- Medical assessment conducted by your GP (required again at the age of 45 and then every 5 years until the age of 65. If the applicant is over 65, an annual medical assessment is required)
- Right to Work documentation
- Knowledge Test
- Disability awareness test and safeguarding training (to be completed within 12 months of obtaining the licence)
- Taxi driving assessment pass certificate (see Blue Lamp Trust, Red One or Diamond Advanced Driver Training)
Important information regarding your medical test: Applicants may have the medical assessment undertaken either at their own GP surgery, or via private medical provider D4Driver. If using D4Drivers then the applicant must provide the medical examiner with a copy of their medical summary, which is obtainable from their GP surgery upon request free of charge.
Important information regarding your DBS check: Our DBS checks are carried out by an external company, GBG Online Disclosures. You apply and pay online before taking your documents to a Post Office. Please note all documents must be in your current name; one document must show your current address and one document must show your date of birth. Documentation such as bank statements or utility bills must not be more than 3 months old at the time of the check.
Important information regarding the DBS Update Service: Once you have received your Enhanced DBS Certificate in the post, you have 30 days to register for the DBS Update Service. There is an annual fee of £13. Please visit DBS Update Service. Once you have registered you will need to send us the DBS Update Service Reference Number, which will only be generated once.
Application forms and guidance
- New driver application
- New drivers licence conditions
- Knowledge Test
- Medical Examination
- Disability Awareness Information
Fees and Charges
1 year £115.00
3 year £270.00
Please note that every additional Knowledge Test you need to take to pass after your initial test will cost £45.
Your tax responsibilities
Please allow at least 2 weeks for your application to be processed before calling us on 01392 265702.
In order for us to process your application as quickly as possible, please make sure that:
- You submit your application and supporting documents in one clear email;
- Specify in your email whether you are applying for a Combined Driver’s Licence or Private Hire Driver’s Licence; and
- Ensure documents are clearly legible and ideally submitted in PDF format. If photographs are used please ensure they are the right way up and can be easily read.