8. Environmental Health and Community Safety
This policy considers:
- the licensing objectives of the Gambling Act 2005
- the current guidance issued by the Gambling Commission
- any relevant current statutory regulations
- codes of practice issued by the Secretary of State
- any responses from those consulted on the policy statement.
This policy sets out how we will make decisions under the Local Government (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 1982.
This policy recognises the revised Home Office statutory guidance issued under section 182 of the Licensing Act 2003 and has regard to it whenever it is deemed necessary to promote the licensing objectives.
This policy’s aim is to:
- create a street trading environment which complements premises based trading
- is sensitive to the needs and amenities of residents
- provides diversity of consumer choice
- seeks to enhance the character, and ambience of local environments
This policy of consolidated practices is written pursuant to the powers conferred by the Local Government (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 1976, as amended. This places on us the duty to carry out its licensing functions as to hackney carriage and private hire vehicles.
This document sets out the general principles to be followed in relation to enforcement and prosecution.
This policy and the conditions included represent guidance on details of the service that we provide. It also includes the general principles that the we follow in relation to the enforcement of animal licensing legislation and the discretionary functions it undertakes.