Cookies information uses cookies to make the site simpler. Find out more about the cookies we use.

Close banner

Voter ID - have you got yours?

To vote in the upcoming 4 May Local Elections you will need to show photo ID. To find out more about accepted forms of photo ID, and if you need to apply for a free Voter Authority Certificate, see our Voter ID page.

See our privacy notices for details on how we manage personal information

Have your circumstances changed?

Show all parts of this guide

2. If the the money you have coming in changes

Let us know your change of income:

  • you can telephone us on 01392 277888 and select the service you need
  • you can download and print a change of circumstance form. Return it to us using the freepost address printed on the form (no stamp required)
  • Change of circumstance income form

Changes to your income we need to know about:

  • you start or stop getting Child Benefit, Jobseekers Allowance, Employment and Support Allowance, Income Support or any other benefit received from the Department of Work and Pensions

  • there is a change to the amount of benefit you receive from the Department of Work and Pensions

  • you or your partner start working or have a change in jobs

  • there is an increase or decrease to your or your partner's rate of pay or hours worked

  • there is an increase or decrease to your working or child tax credits

  • there is an increase or decrease to your pension(s)

  • there is increase or decrease in the amount of child care costs you pay

  • if you are self-employed and have had a change in your work eg increased earnings

  • one of your non-dependants has a change of income that may affect your non-dependant deductions


Jobseekers Allowance, Income Support or Employment and Support Allowance

If you have received any of these benefits for more than 26 weeks and it stopped because you have started work or are working more hours, you may be entitled to extended payments of Housing Benefit and Council Tax Support. An extended payment of Housing Benefit and Council Tax Support is an extra 4 weeks of benefit. You get these payments if certain benefits stop because you have returned to work, are working more hours or earning more money.