Cookies information uses cookies to make the site simpler. Find out more about the cookies we use.

Close banner

See our privacy notices for details on how we manage personal information

Have your circumstances changed?

Show all parts of this guide

4. Other changes you need to tell us about

Let us know about other changes in your circumstances:

Changes to your household:

  • any of your children leave school, start work or start to get Jobseekers Allowance
  • one of your non-dependants has a change of income that may affect your non-dependant deductions
  • anyone comes to live with you or anyone leaves (this includes lodgers or tenants)
  • you or your partner go into hospital or residential care
  • you stop or start caring for a disabled person

Accommodation details:

  • your rent goes up or down
  • you change your accommodation, even if this is to another room in your house
    Benefit on two homes can be paid if you have moved home and are still liable for rent at your old address

Other changes that you need to tell us:

  • if you become a student or have received benefit as a student and your course finishes
  • if you are sent to prison
  • if you will be absent from your home for more than 13 weeks