Cookies information uses cookies to make the site simpler. Find out more about the cookies we use.

Close banner

Energy Company Obligation

Show all parts of this guide

6. ECO flexibility guidance for agents and installers

The application process for ECO flexibility agents and installers

To apply to become an approved installer, please contact us.

If your registration is approved you will be issued with the Memorandum of Understanding and Data Sharing Agreement for signing.

Once the Memorandum of Understanding and Data Sharing Agreement has been returned, checked and signed by us you will be issued with a link to our online referral form.

Before you apply, please make sure you understand the following guidance notes.


Guidance notes

What information do I need to provide?

You will need to provide the name, contact details and the PAS 2035 number of all contractors and installers that will be used to undertake works.

You will need to undertake work in accordance General Data Protection Regulations and with Ofgem requirements and act in accordance with industry best practice in relation to consumer care and quality standards.  

You will be required to provide a quarterly summary of all work undertaken, including numbers of each measure, location of each measure, date of installation of each measure and any information on proposed measures that did not proceed, and the reasons why not.

What happens next?

Once the MOU and DSA has been returned, checked and signed by us you will be sent a link to our online referral form.

You will be responsible for completing and submitting the completing the online ECO Householder Declaration Form. You must ensure that the required evidence that demonstrates how the householder meets the eligible criteria as set out in the Statement of Intent are uploaded with the referral form.

Steps involved

You will need to explain to the householder that ECO-Flex is a private sector led scheme and that the funding for improvements is awarded by the energy companies.

Householders need to be made aware that we have limited involvement and are not responsible for issuing the funding, appointing contractors, installing the works or checking the quality of the work undertaken

You must not use any Council branding, or suggest that you are working on behalf of us, without our expressed prior written consent.

What should I provide the householder with?

You must leave your contact details, including named contact, telephone number and e-mail address, with the householder. Please advise the householder that if they wish to make any enquiries, checks on progress or raise any concerns that they should contact you.

Following completion of works, you must leave details of any guarantees/ warranties and any associated paperwork with the householder.

What if work can't be funded through the scheme?

You must advise householders of any works and additional costs which cannot be funded through the ECO-Flex scheme and explain to them that they may have to cover these costs.

Top up funding may be available to eligible households under the Warm Up Grant.

Householders must be informed that they are not obliged to proceed with the scheme if they do not believe that the improvement works are appropriate or affordable to them.  


All companies and representatives working on their behalf must fully comply with all the requirements set out above and within associated documents.

Compliance checks will be carried out on a regular basis and where compliance breaches are found, Declaration Forms will not be signed by us and the ECO Flex registration of the company will be cancelled without prior notification.

General enquires

For further information please use our Contact Us form.