4. Professionals only - How to refer your client
To make a referral you will need to:
- have consent for the referral from the individual;
- allow the individual to identify the housing authority in England which they would like the notification to be made to;
- have consent from the individual that their contact details can be supplied so the housing authority can contact them regarding the referral;
- provide us with the name, address (where known), contact information and any other relevant details you wish to share.
If the service user is at risk of homelessness but is currently in accommodation, a prevention duty may be owed regardless of whether they have local connection to Exeter – see local connection information for more details.
If you wish to send supporting information or evidence that you feel may be helpful to assessing your service users’ needs, you can do so using the upload facility in the online referral form.
We cannot accept documents without you first confirming you have the client's consent to share. Any documents received without this will be deleted as we cannot hold documents without the service users' express consent.
If you don’t already have this consent, please consult the client before completing the referral.
To submit your referral, please use our online form below and we will contact your client within one working day.
If you are looking to refer to any other local authority you should be able to email firstname.lastname@example.org or you will need to contact them directly to find out how to make the referral to them.
Start the journey
More info about the journey
You will need:
- Your name
- Your organisation
- Your contact details
- The name of the individual being referred
- Their date of birth
- Their contact details
- The reason for the referral
Once a referral has been received we will contact you or your client (as specified in the form) within one working day.
The best way to make a referral is by using this form.