1. Apply for a new private hire operator's licence
How to Apply
Please email the following documentation to email@example.com in one clear and legible email:
- Completed application form (see below)
- Public liability insurance
- Basic DBS
Note: If you already have an Enhanced DBS or are subscribed to the DBS Update Service, you will not need to re-apply for a Basic DBS. Instead, please send us your Enhanced DBS Certificate or your DBS Update Service Reference Number.
1 year: £140.00
5 years: £570.00
A note about planning permission - Provided your operator's address does not become a base for the parking of other taxis, or a control centre for the running of a taxi business, then no change of use occurs and planning permission would not be required. This provision only applies for one vehicle. If circumstances change or your business increases you must contact the Planning Department on 01392 265223.
Your tax responsibilities
You must provide information to the Local authority of your tax responsibilities. Please read our guidance on confirming your tax responsibilities.
Please allow at least 2 weeks for your application to be processed before calling us on 01392 265702.
In order for us to process your application as quickly as possible, please make sure that:
- You submit your application and supporting documents in one clear email
- Ensure documents are clearly legible and ideally submitted in PDF format. If photographs are used please ensure they are the right way up and can be easily read