Cookies information uses cookies to make the site simpler. Find out more about the cookies we use.

Close banner

Habitats Mitigation

Show all parts of this guide

5. Paying the Habitats Mitigation contribution

Only developments that are not liable for Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL) or are exempt from paying CIL will be required to pay a Habitats Mitigation contribution.

S111 Undertaking

When submitting your application you will also need to provide the following documents:

  • One original completed and signed s111 Undertaking to pay the mitigation
  • A copy of the site location plan that accompanies the planning application
  • An invoice will be issued for the contribution rate¬†and payment can be made via BACs or alternative methods as shown on the statement

What if my application is not approved?

If your application is not approved you can apply for the Habitats Mitigation fee to be refunded. The refund will not be made until the time for appeal has expired or an appeal has been dismissed.