Cookies information uses cookies to make the site simpler. Find out more about the cookies we use.

Close banner

Bank holiday bin collections

All bin collections following a bank holiday will take place 1 day late from 27 May to 1 June. See our Bank holiday bin collection page for further details.

Habitats Mitigation

Show all parts of this guide

2. What developments are required to provide mitigation

A habitats mitigation contribution must be paid in respect of the following types of development (this list is not exhaustive):

  • New residential development (including both market and affordable housing)
  • Self-build developments
  • Changes of use to residential, eg shop to dwelling, and conversions of buildings to residential use where there is no increase in floorspace, meaning CIL is not payable, but where new dwellings are created
  • 'Prior Approval' permitted developments where the end use is residential (eg office to residential conversions)
  • Serviced accommodation (as distinct from hotel developments)

You are advised to seek early clarification of whether a habitats mitigation contribution is likely to be payable or not by contacting City Development.