Cookies information uses cookies to make the site simpler. Find out more about the cookies we use.

Close banner

Leaseholder information

Show all parts of this guide

7. Insurance

Block insurance

As the owner of your block, we must adequately insure the whole building, but you have to pay your share towards this cost which is payable within your service charge.

Internal structures insurance

We offer insurance cover for the interior structure of your flat or maisonette, which you can pay alongside your service charge. You may choose to get your own insurance in which case you must provide us with a copy of your insurance schedule. Your lease stipulates that you must have this kind of interior insurance. This is to insure the interior of the premises, for example the internal walls, ceilings, floors, all cisterns, tanks, drains, wires and so on that solely serve the premises.

The insurance does not cover your personal belongings and furniture. You must arrange your own insurance to cover these items.