4. Financial support for people renting
We can help in the following ways:
- access to the Discretionary Housing Payment fund (DHP), which is used to help tenants cope with housing costs
- a one off payment to assist with an emergency housing situation and to stop your landlord from evicting you
- we provide advice and assistance to those affected by welfare reforms, such as the Social Sector Size criteria (otherwise known as Bedroom Tax), Benefit Cap, Local Housing Allowance reforms or Universal Credit)
- we help with budgeting and finding alternative solutions to housing needs (for example, providing a deposit so that you can move into a more affordable property)
- we advise and assist tenants at risk of losing their homes or worried about their current housing situation. We actively work with other agencies, including Job Centre Plus who help tenants find employment
If you need more information please contact us.