Cookies information uses cookies to make the site simpler. Find out more about the cookies we use.

Close banner

Bank holiday bin collections

All bin collections following a bank holiday will take place 1 day late from 27 May to 1 June. See our Bank holiday bin collection page for further details.

See our privacy notices for details on how we manage personal information

Gambling permits

Show all parts of this guide

4. Apply for a club gaming permit

You can only apply for a club gaming permit If your premises is a members' club or a miner's welfare institution.  You can't apply if your club is a commercial club. 

You'll need to fill in an application form and send this to us or deliver your application to our offices.  

We'll need to know:

  • your details
  • details about the premises
  • whether your club is a members club or a miners' welfare institute -  you'll need to give us proof of your club's status
  • a detailed plan of the premises


You'll be charged a fee of £220.00 for this application. Please make sure you view our fees and charges for further information.

What's next

When we receive your application we'll check it to make sure it's been completed correctly. We'll telephone you if there is anything else we need.

We will then consult with the police and they'll have 28 days from this date in which they can make a representation.  

If the police don't make a representation your application will be granted and we'll send you your permit in the post.  

If a representation is received then a hearing must be heard before members of the licensing sub-committee unless all parties agree this isn't necessary.

After the hearing we'll write to you with the decision.