Cookies information uses cookies to make the site simpler. Find out more about the cookies we use.

Close banner

Bank holiday bin collections

All bin collections following a bank holiday will take place 1 day late from 27 May to 1 June. See our Bank holiday bin collection page for further details.

See our privacy notices for details on how we manage personal information

Gambling permits

Show all parts of this guide

5. Apply for a gaming machine permit

Premises with an on - premises alcohol licence are able to provide up to 2 category C and or D gaming machines. To notify us of this you will need to complete an application form and send it to us or deliver your application to our offices.  

If you require more than 2 category C and or D machines you will need to apply for a gaming machine permit. Please submit the application form and send it to us or deliver your application to our offices.  

We'll need to know:

  • how many gaming machines you want and whether they are category C or D machines
  • your details (as premises licence holder)
  • details about the premises
  • a detailed plan of the premises


You’ll be charged £50 for the notification of 2 gaming machines or £150 for a permit of more than 2 machines.  Permits for more than 2 machines will be subject to an annual fee of £50. Please make sure you view our fees and charges for further information.

What's next

When we receive your application we'll check it to make sure it's been completed correctly. We'll telephone you if there is anything else we need.

We will then consult with the police and they'll have 28 days when they can make a representation.  

If the police don't make a representation your application will be granted and we'll send you your permit in the post.  

If a representation is received then a hearing must be heard before members of the licensing sub-committee unless all parties agree this isn't necessary.

After the hearing we'll write to you with the decision.