2. Duties and responsibilities
Your duties as an event organiser
An event organiser has a duty to plan, manage and monitor the event to make sure that workers and the visiting public are not exposed to health and safety risks. This means that you will have prime responsibility for the health and safety of:
- your workers
- members of the public (your audience / the crowd)
- any contractors working for you at the event
Health and safety doesn't have to be complicated, and can start with asking yourself two simple questions:
- do I have enough knowledge about health and safety to organise work appropriately?
- have I thought through and implemented good health and safety procedures and checks?