4. Apply for building regulations approval
You can use the following form to apply and pay for building regulation approval.
The form can be used by individuals or agents and you can also upload plans and documents for your project.
Before you start making your application you may wish to check our current fees and charges.
Agents applying on behalf of a client should see payment information page before commencing the application
If your application is for...
- more than 10 dwellings
- a house over 300m2 or more than 3 storeys high
- an extension/loft conversion over 60m2
- other work in excess of £100,000
...then please contact us as you will need to discuss your project with our Building Control Team first and will not be able to proceed online.
Start the journey
More info about the journey
- Location of work
- Your address details
- If you are applying as an agent you will also need to supply your client's details
- Details of the type of work undertaken
- Plans and documents (required for certain application types)
- A credit or debit card for payment
We will respond to you in writing within seven working days of your application being received.
You will receive two emails from us
- Confirmation that your application form has been submitted
- A receipt for your payment including VAT (if applicable)