Cookies information uses cookies to make the site simpler. Find out more about the cookies we use.

Close banner

Voter ID - have you got yours?

To vote in the upcoming 4 May Local Elections you will need to show photo ID. To find out more about accepted forms of photo ID, and if you need to apply for a free Voter Authority Certificate, see our Voter ID page.

What is an empty home?

Show all parts of this guide

5. Enforcement action

We will offer advice, assistance and support to empty property owners to bring their properties back into use. We will work with owners to provide a tailored package of advice, assistance and incentives specific to the owners needs. We will encourage owners to work together with us to reach a solution in order to bring the property back into use.

As a last resort, we will pursue enforcement action to return a long term empty property back into use.