Private tenants handbook

Show all parts of this guide

8. Damp and mould

The help that the Council can give depends upon the type of dampness present and what is causing it.

The City Council can use its legal powers to make landlords carry out the repairs needed to cure structural dampness.The City Council can sometimes use these same powers to deal with condensation dampness.

Further information on these topics and more can be found here: